Monday, November 30, 2009

Summer with Santa

Oh wow! What an experience taking Summer to see Santa for the first time...She was in her stroller, happy as a clam, when all of a sudden mean mommy and daddy decided to put her on some strangers lap who was covered in hair and totally unfamiliar. Geesh, did she ever let us know how she was feeling! She SCREAMED, and cried and was SO incredibly sad to be on his lap. Poor guy! He was like, "ummm, take your little baby off my knee now!" (he didn't actually say that, but I could tell what he was thinking!) Anyway, we now know of her fear of the scary man, but I am sure once Christmas comes and she sees what she gets from the guy, she will be less and less afraid as the years go by! At least that's my hope, cuz i don't want all her Santa pictures to look like this one! Ha ha!
Well, we are definitley in the Christmas mood here in Lethbridge! It has finally snowed and things are looking more and more like a regular Canadian winter! Crazy Alberta with it's messed up weather!! Anyway, we set up the tree a couple of weeks ago, and so far Summer has stayed away from it!! That's great news as far as I am concerned! Now it gets to stay pretty all over, instead of just at the top! But yes, I have a thing for Christmas and getting in the spirit of things...I have already watched Home Alone, and the Santa Clause more than a few times, and by the end of the season, it will have been like 100! Gotta love it :)
These are our family photos of the begining of the holidays, and I'm sure there will be many more posts to come, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

lynz said...

hehe - gotta have that token screaming with santa picture! so cute and i think she'll love him a lot more after present opening on christmas morning :) love you cute christmas cards and can't wait for more posts!
oh and i love home alone and the santa clause - 2 of the best!

Lacey said...

we too have been watching the christmas movies no stop. I am training AJ to have all the same favorits as me, he he he. Summer is too stinkin cute in this picture, I LOVE the hat and the scream. It's great, can't wait to see you!